Apply for Pet Adoption
Adoption Fee includes vaccinations, spay or neuter, microchipping, heartworm testing, chemical blood profile (on most animals) and thirty (30) days of pet insurance from PetPoint. Any animal under the estimated age of 6 months is considered a puppy or kitten.
1. No animal will be released for adoption unless deemed healthy by the Executive Director.
2. Animals will not be adopted to persons who have had repeated contact with the Animal Control Officer or courts because of neglect or abuse issues; nor to persons who have not completed previous adoption contracts with ECAS OR who have surrendered an animal to ECAS or another shelter
3. Animals will not be adopted out that are to be given as gifts, except those from a parent or legal guardian to a domicile minor child.
4. Kittens under five (5) months of age and small dogs less than 15 lbs. will not be adopted out to households with children under four (4) years of age. NO EXCEPTIONS
5. Animals will not be adopted out during the week of Christmas. “HOLD” certificates will be made up and the adopting person can come back and redeem the certificate after Christmas.
6. All cats and dogs adopted must be kept as indoor pets only unless approved by Director
7. No animals will be adopted to outside-only homes unless approved by the Executive Director.
8. Animals will not be adopted to minors. Adopter must be 18 years of age or older.
9. All animals in the home must be spayed or neutered and current and previous animals must be kept up to date on all vaccination AND you must have an established veterinarian
10. All residents of the home must agree and be informed of the adoption.
11. Adoption application must be completed before adoption can proceed.
12. ECAS will hold an animal for 24 hours with total adoption fee and a completed application.
13. Before any animal is fully adopted a trial period of two weeks will be issued. The total adoption amount will be collected, processed and NON-REFUNDABLE after two weeks. If the animal is returned to ECAS within the two-week trial period, the total adoption amount will be refunded within ten (10) days after the animal is returned. Exception: No refunds will be given on puppies, unless approved of by Executive Director.
14.All landlords will be informed about the adoption by ECAS before the animal is to leave ECAS.
15. Some breeds of dogs will require home ownership for adoption to be approved.
16. False information on this form will result in the adoption being declared null and void with the animal to be returned to ECAS upon notification.
17. Filling out this form does not guarantee an adoption will be approved. We reserve the right to deny any application without reason.